Buying A New Camera - Any Advice??

Decorating By J1977 Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 12:33pm by artscallion

J1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

Cakes and kids will be the subjects for this camera.
Low light in the kitchen so looking for one that takes that into consideration.

Thanks!

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 6

What price range are you looking at? You might want to do some comparison shopping now, then wait until the sales hit before Christmas. Electronics tend to be one of the things that get put on sale a lot, so if you had a few models in mind you'd probably be able to get one of them at a decent discount.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 6

We like Canons a lot. I have a mid range one that is about 4 years old and it still takes amazing pictures and has lots of features. My daughter asked for a camera for her birthday and we bought her a Canon that cost about $100 and the pictures she takes are just as crisp and beautiful as my camera will do. Everyone I know who has a Canon is pleased with it. I have a friend who is a professional photographer and she uses a Canon as well.

On place I like to go to when considering a new tech purchase is CNET.com. They have editor's reviews but even more important IMO is that they provide space for regular users to review and rate the items. It's a good place to see comparisons of items, what features they have and their strengths and weaknesses. Good luck!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:29am
post #4 of 6

I guess it depends on your budget & how much you are willing to spend
I recently got the Canon EOS Rebel T1i its amazing... it captures every single detail...
its a bit pricy but if you need it to advertise your work its 100% worth it

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:49am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgEl_cUpcAkE

I guess it depends on your budget & how much you are willing to spend
I recently got the Canon EOS Rebel T1i its amazing... it captures every single detail...
its a bit pricy but if you need it to advertise your work its 100% worth it

I have a Canon Rebel too and I like it a lot. Nikons are really good, too, though, so keep an eye out and either make would serve you well.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

I've got an almost new Canon SX20 that I'm selling because I received another camera as a gift. PM me if you're interested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%