Princess Cake?

Decorating By Sarah2418 Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 12:12pm by Shermie1

Sarah2418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah2418 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 5

I had a request to make a princess birthday cake for twin girls. Does anyone have any good ideas, or tips? I've saw a bunch of the doll cakes on here, never made one though and don't know how hard that would be. I've thought about putting one of those on a sheet cake or round cake. I don't really know where to start so any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 4:06am
post #3 of 5

You could do a castle cake and have 2 princesses (just use toys) on the balcony. You could put both their names on the door or flags. There are a few tutorials around, but I would search through the forums. That's how I got some good advice when I did my castle. Good luck!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:22am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesrock

You could do a castle cake and have 2 princesses (just use toys) on the balcony. You could put both their names on the door or flags. There are a few tutorials around, but I would search through the forums. That's how I got some good advice when I did my castle. Good luck!

I was thinking the same thing. This cake was posted this week, and I thought it was beautiful, and looked fairly simple to do. I love the sugary turrets!

HTH

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1856628

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 5

I just did a 1st birthday princess cake usine a large oval2 layer and made a princess cariage. I used fondant on some of it and used a couple princesses for decoration from a deco pak. i tried to post link but its in my pics. It turned out cute

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%