Fondant And Rolled Fondant, What's The Difference?

Decorating By Isacake Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 12:20am by leah_s

Isacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isacake Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 2

Is there a difference between the use of the two recipes? Is there one that is better to do detail decorations and the other one better to cover cakes? I have made what is called rolled fondant recipe (glucose, powdered sugar, glycerine and gelatin), and now I wonder if I should start to do fondant too?

1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:20am
post #2 of 2

Fondant generally means rolled fondant. However there is also poured fondant and fondant centers for candy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%