Craft Fair Ideas

Decorating By Reesebaby1 Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 6:50am by apetricek

Reesebaby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reesebaby1 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone ever done cakes to sell in a Christmas Craft fair to get your name out and make a little extra monies for the holidays? If so what kinds of things did you sell? I was thinking cupcakes priced per 6 holiday themed, Christmas cookie bouquets, small holiday themed 6" cakes, etc. Any ideas?

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:32am
post #2 of 3

Instead of cookie bouquets, individual bagged cookies or bagged cookies on a stick for impulse (eat now) purchases. icon_smile.gif

Dipped marshmallow snowmen on a stick, cocoa or spiced tea mix in a cone, puppy chow in a cone...

HTH

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:50am
post #3 of 3

I actually did this years ago, and it was successful for me. The only problem I had was people didn't want to get the stuff for the holidays then...they felt that the stuff (candy mainly) wouldn't be fresh by christmas. Funny seeing how all of the name christmas candy in my area went out the day after Halloween, and mine would have been just weeks.

My first bit of advice is to try and do something different. If you have something that is an eye catcher, then people will swarm to you. I know my cake tasting was later told to me the talk of the festival. Make sure you have cards, and stuff to buy then, and order. I also made my top 4 sellers and offered samples which was a HUGE hit.

This is what I mainly focused on. Chocolate covered caramel apples, chocolate covered pretzels regular and rod style. Decorated sugar cookies, chocolate covered oreos, the popular cake balls/pops, cupcakes.

Just make sure that if you are doing it at a church or school, that it is ok to sell baked goods. I ran into a problem with this. They felt I was going to take away from their bake sale, and profits. I made sure to have them packaged in something that would work for everyone, not just all christmas.

I think it is a great place to start and get your name out there. I haven't done them in about 6 years since I am just too busy, but I know I ended up with customers from them, and they are still customers to this day. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%