Need Help Asap. Teacup Issue

Baking By tsc1220 Updated 5 Nov 2010 , 9:51pm by tsc1220

tsc1220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsc1220 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 6

Made cupcakes and I am trying to make them look like a teacup. I have tried to puncture the side of the liner with a toothpick and it won't work. My fondant handles have pretty much cracked and fell apart.

Need suggestions and help please.....THANK YOU

Tami

5 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 6

When is the cake needed?

Handles made out of royal icing would be lights, and gumpaste would be more durable I would think. Maybe the ones you have made are too big? try using scissors to cut a "guide" hole in the liner?

Also, are the cupcakes needed for additional servings?

tsc1220 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 6

They are due in one hour. Yes they will be for additional servings. I have been working on this a good part of the day and my well has run dry....lol!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 6

The best thing I can suggest then, instead of making them out of paper or something is

make them out of fondant maybe either with some tylose added or gumpaste mixed in, and instead of putting them on the side, make them curve out over the top of the cup, so that you can stick the toothpick into the top of the cupcake and just "glue" them inplace on the side with some icing. Avoid the liner.

HTH.

Oops...took out "don't"

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 6

Candy melts! They will set up right away then you can attach them with more candy melts!

tsc1220 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 6

I have no melts and the nearest store is about 30mins away icon_sad.gif

Thank you so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%