Moving To Indiana

Lounge By splash2splat Updated 5 Nov 2010 , 8:22pm by splash2splat

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 7

Well my husband was laid off one month ago and we have been blessed enough to find a job already. But it means that we will be moving from Utah to Indiana. I know nothing about Indiana so I would be grateful for some info. We will be moving to Columbus, Indiana. The kicker I only have 8 weeks left until we will be blessed to meet our 4th child. icon_lol.gif

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 7

Wow--I hope all goes great with your pregnancy and don't over do it with the move and all. Thank goodness he got a great job so fast!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 7

Columbus was recently voted in the Top Ten of Best Small Cities to raise a family. It has some great architecture and is only 15 miles from Edinburgh, the greatest outlet mall I've ever been to! (You'll LUV the kitchen store there!)

Columbus is less than an hour from downtown Indpls so you already have cake friends in the area ready to meet and greet you!!

It's really a very nice city and I just know you are going to love it.

Indiana winters take some getting used to, though. The good news is that when we DO get a big snow, it usually melts and is gone within 3 to 5 days. icon_biggrin.gif But as we say around here, "If you don't like the weather .... wait 5 minutes!" icon_lol.gif

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 7

IndyDebi is right Edinburgh outlet mall is wonderful!!!! Don't know too much about Columbus but short trip to Indy which has a pretty good cake crowd. I hope you enjoy it once you get there. And the weather here is crazy.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 7

You'll also be only 1/2 hour away from Nashville, IN in Brown County. Beautiful area with lots of festivals and a state park that is beautiful to drive through in the fall. People drive from surrounding states to go! Plus, Indiana folks as a whole are quite friendly.

http://www.browncounty.com

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 7

omg yes Brown County!! Has to be God's Colorful Masterpiece!

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks - I really am excited and grateful that my husband was able to find a job so quickly. I'm also very excited to meet all of the cake friends!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%