Cat On Yarn Ball Topper

Decorating By shar34 Updated 5 Nov 2010 , 1:08pm by Motorhead

shar34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shar34 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:07am
post #1 of 6

hi,i need to make a cream and brown cat for the top of a cake, anybody any idea how? also how to make a ball of wool.

5 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:41am
post #2 of 6

for the ball of wool you could make a ball of fondant (or RKT, if you want a bigger size) and then use a clay extruder to make strings of fondant which you can wrap around the ball like yarn.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 6

Aine2 has some good tutorial videos on making fondant and gumpaste figures on YouTube.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 6

if you don't have a clay extruder, simply roll out strings of fondant and wrap around your ball (either fondant or RKT), i made one for a cat cake (in my pics) and did not have an extruder at the time. i think it still came out okay! as for the cat molding, if you can get to the liabray and look at some clay molding books that helps, i find it easier to work with balls and ovals to begin shapes of animals. someone recently posted tutorial links to all kinds of figures. i will try and find it for you and post the link. thumbs_up.gif

shar34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shar34 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:12am
post #5 of 6

if you can find that tutorial that would be great thanks.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-672099-0-days0-orderasc-.html

okay i hope the above link works-it was called free tutorials-hundreds. there is a whole bunch of links within the thread. if the link doesn't work for you, try a search for topic.

good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%