Halloween Candy - What's Your Last Candy Left Standing...

Lounge By CakesbyCarla Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 5:15pm by lecrn

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:20am
post #1 of 17

Ok, so the Halloween candy is running out. What are you down to now? And since it's the last candy left standing it's your least favorite - right? Are you desperate enough for a sugar fix to eat it?

Right now we are down to Tootsie Rolls - UGH. AND I'm eating them! icon_cry.gif

So, what's your bottom of the barrel, I'll eat them anyway candy?

16 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:41am
post #2 of 17

MMMMMM I LOVE tootsie rolls. haha :] And the fat content isn't bad... I think.

But I hate whoppers. Good thing DH loves them 'cause we've got a LOT! I think almond joys are left too but I love those so not to shabby.

Oh I forgot, those nasty fruity tootsie rolls are there too, and never will I EVER eat one. haha

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:56am
post #3 of 17

Oh, I wish we could swap! I like Almond Joy and I actually like the fruity tootsie rolls! LOL! We had very few Whoppers but I like those too. HA! Isn't that the way it always goes. In the meantime, I'm up to my eyeballs in tootsie rolls.

I almost thought about trying to melt them down into some sort of chocolate fondant concoction ha ha...

JaeRodriguez Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:42am
post #4 of 17

Well I used them on my very first cake (truck) heated just barely in the microwave and rolled and cut out windows! Haha maybe you could heat them all and roll them into one big piece! icon_smile.gif

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:19am
post #5 of 17

ughh I completely demolished the boys stash...I'm terrible at controlling my sugar intake!!

I have left: mars and milky way minis (too unindulgent)

lots of lollipops (too much work)

skittles (over it)

wishing I had more sour candy, nerds, and laffy taffy.......Ughh am I really a grown up? sure doesn't feel like it after writing this.........

JaeRodriguez Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 8:38am
post #6 of 17

Haha! Btw- where are the snickers? My boy got none! I guess maybe because of peanut allergies...

Mmm nerds!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 17

Well let's see...all the Recees, Kit Kats and Milky Ways are gone icon_cry.gif

I have a bowl of Whoppers, Twix and Almond Joys left icon_rolleyes.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Well let's see...all the Recees, Kit Kats and Milky Ways are gone icon_cry.gif

I have a bowl of Whoppers, Twix and Almond Joys left icon_rolleyes.gif

I will take all those off your hands, and you can have all these lollipops, geez louise, Ive got tons!

We trick or treated on saturday and sunday I had my daughters Bday Party, so i was able to put most of the crap candy in treat bags for the party kids to take home..... you are welcome parents! icon_biggrin.gif

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:08am
post #9 of 17

A local dentist advertised that they would take donations of leftove candy and send it to to our troops overseas. I dropped all of mine off yesterday...bye, bye candy icon_lol.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:20am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliespartycake

A local dentist advertised that they would take donations of leftove candy and send it to to our troops overseas. I dropped all of mine off yesterday...bye, bye candy icon_lol.gif

What a great idea! We are down to just a few tiny Hershey bars.

cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:24am
post #11 of 17

All we have left are Laffy Taffy which the kids can't have anyways so they will be going to work with hubby.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:56am
post #12 of 17

One Gummy Lifesaver left - ugh! Why would anyone give those?

I gave out Milky Ways, Snickers and Almond Joys.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 2:22am
post #13 of 17

we wipe out anything chocolate first thing. Bubble gum tends to get hard and thrown out eventually.

I always wonder why some people STILL give out those nasty orange and black wrapped halloween candies. Do they even HAVE a name? Usually really old people give them out! icon_lol.gif Hell, we pitch those during the candy safety check just because we KNOW they won't be eaten!

we were always THE house in the neighborhood because we always gave out FULL SIZE hershey bars, Reese Cups and M&M's. Only the good stuff for us!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:30am
post #14 of 17

I love the houses that give out the full size candy bars!!!

We also really enjoyed the house that was giving out spiced cider to the grown-ups icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:07pm
post #15 of 17

Oh! I love those orange and black things! They're peanut butter and taffy like! Yum.. We've got Jolly Ranchers and Pixy Stix left, ack.

partycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partycupcake Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:25am
post #16 of 17

We still have a ton of candy left. Well, it seems like a ton icon_smile.gif A friend told me she throws out her kids candy after a few days as it is too tempting.

I love eating the candy from my youth first. I've been known to even grab a piece of chocolate with my morning coffee. Ugh!

The absolute last piece of candy would be anything with nuts. I'm allergic icon_sad.gif

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:15pm
post #17 of 17

Our last is Lafy Tafy, Sweet Tarts, Nerds, & bottle caps. I'm taking the bag to my nieces today. I can definitely leave the sugary candy alone. It's the chocolate I can't resist.
BTW, what's up with the new "fun size" candy bars? They're smaller than a Hershey's Kiss nowicon_sad.gif Should be called candy bites!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%