Adding Pudding To Boxed Cake Mix

Baking By Crystalm Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 4:32am by KimmyKatCakes

Crystalm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystalm Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 9

I am sure this has been discussed a million times...but what is the best way to alter boxed cake so that I may add pudding mix to it? I know you ladies are on top of your game in here...so i figured this was the best place to starticon_smile.gif

8 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:17am
post #2 of 9

1 cake mix
1 small box of pudding
4 eggs
1/3 C oil
1 C water
2 tsp extract

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 9

there are lots of different recipes that add the extra box of pudding. I do the normal box recipe and then add one small box of pudding (dry) and an extra egg.

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 9

I always add pudding yo my box mixes. I use 3 eggs, the amount of liquid listed on bos, the pudding mix and substitute applesauce for the oil. They turn owt great every time. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry, I can't seem to spell today! icon_redface.gif

littlechloe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlechloe Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 1:51am
post #6 of 9

I use a stick of butter instead of oil, then add eggs, pudding mix and milk. yummy every time.

jade8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jade8 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 2:12am
post #7 of 9

would you add the pudding even though there is pudding already added to the box mix? Or would that be overkill?

littlechloe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlechloe Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:40pm
post #8 of 9

I use betty crocker cake mix, not sure if pudding is already in the mix. The cake always turns out so moist and fluffy.

KimmyKatCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKatCakes Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 4:32am
post #9 of 9

I always add pudding to the box mix.I love "creating" new flavors.But when I had my cake tasting party last week it was the banana cake that won even the fruit haters over. I also added flavor to the BC filing. It was super moist and yummy! I also made a chocolate "cookies and cream" and a "white chocolate" cake. I always start with a basic white or french vanilla or chocolate, depending on what I am making.

Happy baking! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%