Good Places To Sell Cake Books

Lounge By slingmama Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 10:14am by FlourPots

slingmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slingmama Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 6

that I no longer use? I've done craigslist...don't want to do ebay. Just wondering if there is a good place to sell some cake books that a lot of cake people will see.

Thanks

5 replies
NatalieC923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieC923 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 6

I've never sold a cake book, but I've sold a lot of books, and I always put them on Amazon. Huge traffic and they don't charge you a fee unless it sells.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

Check to see if your area has a "Half Price Books" store. They will buy them on the spot, but you probably won't get too much money for them. I buy a lot of cake books there, though. Someone even sold their Ace of Cakes book to them, I couldn't believe it was there, since it was brand new, and they let it go! icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:12am
post #4 of 6

Half Price Books only gives a couple of dollars...I quit taking books there after I took in over 100 paperbacks, all recent and in good condition, and they offered me three dollars for everything.

If you don't want to do craigslist, what about Kijiji?

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:41am
post #5 of 6

amazon.com

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 10:14am
post #6 of 6

Definitely Amazon...

Sold a bunch of real estate flipping and diet books awhile ago, not a single problem with any transaction.

The RE books came from Amazon...they were brand new and way more expensive than I normally like to pay. When I sold them, I got it all back. I didn't have to decrease the value just to unload them. I loved that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%