Edible Monogram Topper In Gold Color

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 7:50pm by dalis4joe

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 12

I need help in making an edible monogram. I want the one with the 3 letters with the middle one being bigger than the other two... They requested it to be in gold color.... any help will be greatly apprecdiated....

TIA

11 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 12

that is great! thanks... I have the one you have to mix.... so this wil be good

I still need help with a tutorial or a how to on how to make the edible monogram... maybe out of gumpaste but how do I make the fancy looking lettering?

thanks again!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 12

Use a computer print out of your style. Cut out the paper and place over rolled fondant with tylose added waiting till leathery then cut with a knife. Let dry. Easy peasy. HTH

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 12

Ok you said 'any' help.

You can click on the picture if you want and it will get bigger.

Strange cake but the wings flapped and they are pate choux, cream puff stuff.

And this one has the rockets red glare done in pate choux.

Pate choux is lightweight --you can pipe over your pattern--bake it slower so it doesn't brown too much--it is sturdier than royal and lighter than fondant/gum paste. Colors well.

http://acmecakes.com/seasons.html
If you go here ^^^ and scroll down past halfway you will see a bible verse done in pate choux. Versatile stuff.

Just a thought. Another tool.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 12

In my pix I did a gold monogram on a cake - colorflow with gold lustre dust gilding. Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 12

I did something like this for my grandparents 60th anniversary. I'll try to attach a photo. I went to the website "Toppers With Glitz" and chose a font that I liked and printed it out in the size I wanted. I put wax paper over the template. I then did what the previous poster suggested - used gumpaste, rolled it out as smoothly as I could and laid it out to dry (I also made a small hole in the bottom of each with a lollypop stick to attach later.). It dried for 2 days - I then used pearl luster dust, but you could use whatever medium to make it gold. I attached Swarovski crystals ( they were not going to be eaten!) with royal icing and dipped the tips of the lollypop sticks in white candy melts and inserted them. They turned out quite strong and I was very happy with them.

They did take a while, so if this is for a client, I would charge accordingly!!

ladyk333 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:29pm
post #8 of 12

Sorry, I can't seem to add an attachment - never have figured out what I'm doing wrong! See my photos for the cake with the 60 on top!

Good luck! Hope that helped you out some.

dalis4joe Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 12

You guys are awesome! thanks so much.... I think I have the info to get me started... I like both ideas....
I have time so I can let it dry for a while.... that's why I asked ahead of time cause I wasn't sure if I needed something that would dry slow or maybe patillage.. but the Pate Choux sounds interesting also... and I like trying new mediums... is there a recipe for it? or do u buy it?

TIA

dalis4joe Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyk333

I did something like this for my grandparents 60th anniversary. I'll try to attach a photo. I went to the website "Toppers With Glitz" and chose a font that I liked and printed it out in the size I wanted. I put wax paper over the template. I then did what the previous poster suggested - used gumpaste, rolled it out as smoothly as I could and laid it out to dry (I also made a small hole in the bottom of each with a lollypop stick to attach later.). It dried for 2 days - I then used pearl luster dust, but you could use whatever medium to make it gold. I attached Swarovski crystals ( they were not going to be eaten!) with royal icing and dipped the tips of the lollypop sticks in white candy melts and inserted them. They turned out quite strong and I was very happy with them.

They did take a while, so if this is for a client, I would charge accordingly!!

thanks so so much... awesome site...u can actually type the letters you need and change the fonts accordingly... it's bookmarked : )

anyone knows a good tutorial for swags... I haven't done them in so long I can' even recall how to begin lol
TYIA

ladyk333 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 7:36pm
post #11 of 12

I'm glad it helped! I know Satin Ice has some different tutorials on their website, they may do a swag. Otherwise, I would probably check on youtube!
Make sure to post your finished one!

dalis4joe Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 7:50pm
post #12 of 12

now that u mention it...i do think satin ice has one on swags... thanks... and I will post it for sure... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%