Nfsc Flavor

Baking By qweenie Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 1:02am by GeminiRJ

qweenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qweenie Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:19am
post #1 of 13

I dont really like the flavor of nfsc. Can anyone suggest a flavor to add to it. I have tried almond, lemon & butter flavorings. I think the texture of the cookie is fine, but I dont like the flavor. I do use RI on them.

12 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:39am
post #2 of 13

you can change that basic recipe - or any basic recipe - to the flavor you want by adding other flavors instead of the vanilla extract.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:54am
post #3 of 13

I love the flavor of NFSC but if I didn't I'd just try adding flavors I do like until I find "the one".
Good Luck

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 13

Can you be more specific somehow? Like do you want more butte taste, more sugar taste, texture?

I made these up. My DD who does not like almond didn't like them. My son loved them and proclaimed that i must make that recipe only for the rest of my life. This created quite the debate between DD and DS. So now i make a batch of vanilla flavored and a batch of almond flavor. I have to try the chocolate version soon too, maybe for thanksgiving and i can decorate some turkeys.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 13

I always double the vanilla.
You can get different flavor (and texture) by the way they are cooked too; just barely dry, or with a slight golden edge, or with a brown edge all have folks here who like those particular ones best.

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 13

I didn't like these too much when I first tried them but I loved how they kept their shape. Eventually it grew on me especially after I tried my regular sugar cookie recipe again which spreads all over the place. Before Cake Central that didn't matter too me but now I like that the cookies keep their shape with the NFSC. I like buttercream and the sweetness of the bc offsets the blander taste of the cookies. I like using lemon for the flavoring.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 13

I totally agree with sweetreasures! I prefer the taste of my own sugar cookies but nothing beats NFSC for manageability and shape!
As far as flavor goes, I am going to try the Princess cake and cookie emulsion in my next batch. I use it in my MMF (Rhonda's ultimate) and it's such a nice flavour....you may want to try that or wedding bouquet or creme bouquet. I use them in my BC and they are really yummy!

eolan68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eolan68 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 13

Hi cakesrock....Sorry for my ignorance as I'm new in the cookie world. What do you mean when you said "Princess cake and cookie emulsion". Are these recipes??? I totally agree with qwennie I'm not too crazy with the NFSC but they are great for on the shape. I need to make 3 dozen cookies this weekend and I would like to try something different. Thanks

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 13
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:31pm
post #10 of 13

I also double the vanilla, using a really good quality one. For other flavoring options, I absolutely love the all-natural flavorings from Spices Etc. A lot of my cookie friends use them as well. I like it in my dough and/or my RI. It adds a lot of variety to my cookie offerings and I get great reviews.

I have used, and liked, Coconut, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Lemon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Two Fold Vanilla, Raspberry, Root Beer, Maple, Toffee, Pomegranate, Chocolate (fab for a deep tasting chocolate cookie) and more. I also love, love, love their Clear Vanilla. It is perfect for when I need a flavoring in my RI that will not compete with the cookie flavor or when I am doing white or a light colored RI (no color tint as with normal vanilla). I need to order more today as snowflake/snowmen cookies are just around the corner!

If you ever want to check them out for the future, here is a link to the page on their all-natural flavorings and extracts:

www.spicesetc.com/category/Natural-Flavorings/a

As well, here are the codes for a first time order:
CC9 flat rate shipping of $4.95 for orders within the US only
AKT9 15% for US or international orders (discount taken before shipping costs)

Choose the one code that applies to you or what you want and enter it at the beginning of checkout and then continue on.

The Flat Rate shipping will be the first option for shipping under the billing information and the 15% off will show up when looking at the summary.

qweenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qweenie Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:44am
post #11 of 13

Thanks for all of your great ideas. I will def. use them!

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:55am
post #12 of 13

I really like lime flavor in my sugar cookies--tartness to play off the sweetness of the cookie and icing. But the very first time I ever used LorAnn oils I poured half the little bottle of lime flavor into my NFSC batch. I thought that would be a very mild amount of flavor. NOT SO! Very strong. The cookies were pretty inedible--even after they were frosted. So if you haven't ever used those oils, learn from my mistake and truly add one drop at a time. Now that I do that, the lime flavor is super yum! Those little oil bottles don't cost much so I think they are fun to experiment with.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:02am
post #13 of 13

I agree with Tracy! Spices, etc. has some amazing flavors! I'm waiting (anxiously) for my latest shipment. I ordered: anise, cherry, chocolate, white chocolate, root beer, and marshmallow. Yumm! Can't wait to get baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%