What Do I Do With This Now?

Decorating By Bubbl3h3ad Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 4:44am by SharonK1973

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:27am
post #1 of 3

This is not a rant and I'm not angry at my friend either but here is the deal. My friend was going to throw a 60th anniversary party for her parents on Dec. 11th. Being the planner that I am, I have been preparing for it bit by bit. She wanted to do a big wedding cake as well as a cupcake stand with all kinds of cupcakes. So I got some stuff to make a cupcake stand. Yesterday (Nov. 1) she told me that the party was off. I would still like to make the stand because it was going to be so darn cute and also because I just don't know what else to do with the stuff. Although I can use it for other things here and there, I was wondering if it might be profitable to go ahead and make it and sell it? Or make it a package deal with some cupcakes for the holidays? Does anyone have any ideas? And please done rag on my friend, she had a very good reason to call the whole thing off!

2 replies
Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:25am
post #2 of 3

If you mean you've already got the cakes baked and froze, then I'd save and use them for family bday cakes! Also, make cake balls for gifts, these things all make good advertising.
You may get another order for cupcake stand sometime so that's not a total loss.
Sorry this happened, but that's why I have everyone sign a contract when they turn in an order. I got stuck with a wedding cake once and it's never happened since I have contracts signed.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:44am
post #3 of 3

Package deal sounds great to me! Great way to sell cupcakes... especially during the holidays when people already have so much going on. They'll be able to get their cupcakes without worrying about what to serve them on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%