So...what's On Your Cake Christmas List?

Decorating By sweetlayers Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 8:10pm by sweetlayers

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 42

Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, what new decorating tool(s) would you like stuffed in your stocking?

Mine are pretty basic. I want another stand mixer for batters so I can just use my kitchen aid for frosting, some snowflake gumpaste plungers, an air brush with lessons on airbrushing, a new oven and some cake plateaus to rent out.

I'll probably get none of these things but a girl can dream can't she?

So what's on your list?

41 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 42

An Agbay and a Cricut thingy. Guess I'd better get a large stocking and leave some "helpful hints" laying around the house, or it ain't gonna happen!

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 42

A 20 quart Hobart mixer!!! A girl can dream can't she?

J1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 42

CAKE SAFE!!!

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1977

CAKE SAFE!!!

I've considered the cake safe, however, does it work with buttercream cakes in places with hot and humid weather?

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:03am
post #6 of 42

After this past week of cakes...AN AGBAY & AN AIRBRUSH SYSTEM!!! icon_eek.gif But have I been a good girl??? icon_rolleyes.gif I guess we'll see! icon_lol.gif

aracely30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aracely30 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:12am
post #7 of 42

I soooo want the Agbay leveler! I do want the cricut but I really don't have a clue how does it work! and how about some damask stencils? they look so pretty! this is a cool threat! keep comming with more ideas! icon_smile.gif regards!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:21am
post #8 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracely30

I soooo want the Agbay leveler! I do want the but I really don't have a clue how does it work! and how about some damask stencils? they look so pretty! this is a cool threat! keep comming with more ideas! icon_smile.gif regards!

I've been thinking about the Agbay. I know a lot of people swear by it and I am certainly fed up with the Wilton one and/or trying to do it with a knife. My question is: does it work on frozen cakes?

My list would include $ for a couple of flower classes. Flower cutters, and perhaps a new EI printer.

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:35am
post #9 of 42

saberger, I bought an agbay a couple months ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Today I torted cakes that were semi-frozen. No problem. I hope you get one for Christmas. As for me, I would love to get an airbrush. Yes, I've been that good but still doubt I get it. icon_cry.gif

aracely30 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:02am
post #10 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracely30

I soooo want the Agbay leveler! I do want the but I really don't have a clue how does it work! and how about some damask stencils? they look so pretty! this is a cool threat! keep comming with more ideas! icon_smile.gif regards!

I've been thinking about the Agbay. I know a lot of people swear by it and I am certainly fed up with the Wilton one and/or trying to do it with a knife. My question is: does it work on frozen cakes?

My list would include $ for a couple of flower classes. Flower cutters, and perhaps a new EI printer.

I heard that you can torte cakes that are semifrozen,I have the wilton large one,it is good but with small cakes,BUT it is not so good with semifrozen,I always bake my cakes 3 days ahead and I do froze my cakes,I made one quinceanera cake this weekend and when I tried to torte it the blade went uneven GGGRRR I was soooo mad icon_lol.gif I had to take a knife and cut the thicker part. An now Vanessa7 tell us Agbay can cut semifrozen, I think is a big inversion but you will be able to save a lot of time, those classes seem to be a great gift too!I wish there where good classes in Mexico but there are only the basic ones! thumbsdown.gif

Kandis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandis Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:22am
post #11 of 42

Oh my! I would love an airbrush, a cricut, every pan I do not own ( actually 2 of them) flower tools and classes, a bigger kitchen, more storage...LOL I could go on and on. However I am very very thankful for all my friends here on CC and the wealth of knowledge you are all so willing to share with new cakers like me!!!!

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:41am
post #12 of 42

"sweetlayers"... I got an airbrush machine last Christmas from my mom and my sister!!
I was totally shocked! I used my airbrush machine to make snowflakes, with my plunger cutters!! I love my snowflake plunger cutters!! HECK... I love any of the plunger cutters!!

I would lOvE to have a subscription to Cake Central magazine!! I ordered American Cake Decorator magazine last year, and I've regretted it ever since... It took SIX months to get my first issue, and now, I'm lucky if I even receive the magazine... when I do, it's about three or four months late.. icon_sad.gif

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:58am
post #13 of 42

I would have to say an Agbay too and airbrush. Every year we get something for the house so maybe I can convince hubby that we all need one of these in the house. icon_biggrin.gif

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:59am
post #14 of 42

Agbay icon_lol.gif

NatalieC923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieC923 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:02am
post #15 of 42

An airbrush and classes on how to use it!!! I just love the look, and can't wait for the right cake (my excuse icon_wink.gif) and the money to come together!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:05am
post #16 of 42

I would love to get so many things, but definitely the Airbrush thing.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:06am
post #17 of 42

Agbay and Cricut are both on my list. Cricut has gone off and on, but if someone wants to buy it as a gift i'll more than gladly use it hehe.

I also dropped the agbay hint and something was even mentioned "maybe it will show up for christmas" we'll see.... otherwise it's a good incentive to sell some more cakes!

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:06am
post #18 of 42

an agby, a hexagon pan set, some additional of the square pans I currently have, flower plunger cutters/veiners, and some DVDs from sugarshack (any of hers) and jennifer dontz (flowers).

This is kind of random, but a good metal cookie spatula.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:26am
post #19 of 42

my wish list is:
pans-mostly square and some higher quality rounds
petal, luster, and disco dusts
exacto knifes
flower making classes (even though we have no good ones around here icon_sad.gif)
bench scraper
cool cupcake liners
molds
candy thermometer
the list could go on...LOL
I'm 3 years into my hobby, 6 months into doing business, and could always use some thing new hehehehehehehehe

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:48am
post #20 of 42

Hexagon or petal shaped pans (or both!) icon_wink.gif

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:04am
post #21 of 42

Hexagon pans, Oval pans, Paisley pans, lots more tips, and some more cutters - both cookie and fondant icon_smile.gif.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:10am
post #22 of 42

My wish is for the health department to allow me to start selling cakes without a separate kitchen! I love making cakes, but I sure wish I could make money off of it. icon_sad.gif Also, a stand mixer would be nice. My handheld is dying and I can't afford a new one right now. icon_sad.gif

cakelady_nikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady_nikki Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:50am
post #23 of 42

I want an AGBAY and lessons on the airbrush I own (and struggle to use). I would love a 20 qt mixer too. I hope to get something from my list!

Jaime3679 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaime3679 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:18am
post #24 of 42

FONDANT SHEETER!!!!

aracely30 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 5:42am
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime3679

FONDANT SHEETER!!!!

OMG a sheeter! I will have to join a 10 years of presents to get that amount! icon_biggrin.gif hey but I can dream about it right?

I forgot to say that I also would like to get the new Sharon Z dvd the one of the purse and the champagne chocolate bootle ohh and the Tami's (sweetflowers) gelatin bubbles dvd! mannnn I need so many things! icon_lol.gif I'm gonna have to give some hints to everybody! regards! thumbs_up.gif

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:46am
post #26 of 42

a fondant sheeter and agbay =D

[i actually received the kopykake airmaster airbrush for my anniversary earlier this year and hated it =/ i couldn't get the hang of it and i ruined an order using it! the day after my disaster i found out about the cricut cake, so i sent back my airbrush and got that instead and lovveeeee it]

needless to say, i'm ready to face my fear again so i want to put an airbrush back on my list! as well as lace silicon molds, more satin ice, a silicon bead mold, and a cute little cake shop in austin, tx!!! well, the last one may be a bit extreme but a girl can always wish =D

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 7:15am
post #27 of 42

A new KA.... a sheeter (in my dreams!) icon_lol.gif

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 7:59am
post #28 of 42

On my "I probably won't get unless... list is a new Kitchenaid to match my new color scheme and a Silhouette system.

My reality wish list is new Americolor icing gels, some more spatulas and tips, Sugarshacks dvds, a few books, gumpaste and fondant tools like impression mats, embossers patchwork cutters etc., more cookie and fondant cutters, pans, boards, boxes, of course I'm going to need a nice storage system for it all and a edible printer and supplies.

Louise0303 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Louise0303 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 8:26am
post #29 of 42

You all very fortunate to have all these great things for baking at the tips of your fingers. We dont get airbrush systems in South Africa, it needs to be order and then shipped at great expense.

I have a wish list that is metre's long, but i dont think Santa is going to spoil me.

We pay astranomical prices when we do get somehting nice.

Like imprint rolling pin's that is only 10cm long and about 2cm diamater is R200. (well that is expensive to me)

So, i hope all you lovely ladies get your wish list and post photo's to inspire us all.

R's

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 8:56am
post #30 of 42

2 extra mixing bowls for my KA, Airbrush system with instructions, more cake pans, Silicone molds (all different kinds), stencils. Oh, I could go on and on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%