Travel/delivery

Decorating By Corik Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 8:45pm by indydebi

Corik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corik Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 3

I'm sure this is a lame, basic question, but do you ever travel with the cake already assembled or do you always put the layers in separate boxes & set up on site? It seems like a lot to always assemble a cake with people looking over your shoulder with limited supplies & time. We always try to take semi-professional pics of my cakes with a backdrop & lighting, but I can't do that on site.
I just haven't figured out how to safely bring even a 2 tiered cake through south Florida stop & go traffic.

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 3

Sure, we deliver assembled or partially assembled cakes all the time. SPS, of course!
|
|
|
|
V

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 3

I hear this on here frequently .... the concern about putting a cake together "with everyone looking over your shoulder".

Do you guys deliver the cake in the middle of the reception or something? icon_confused.gif

Because when I delivered and set up my cakes (and I always had a "one hour prior to the reception start time" set up time), *IF* there was anyone else in the room, it was just another vendor or the venue staff who were scurrying around trying to get their own work done.

I honestly cannot recall setting up a cake with a bunch of family or guests hovering around. I'm sure it happened once in a blue moon, and since I'm a big ham and love an audience, when some family member was in there early doing some last minute stuff, it never bothered me.

But seriously ...... how many cake deliveries are set up so close to the reception start time that there is a crowd of people standing around watching? icon_confused.gif

To answer the question, though, I've done it both ways. even with assembly and adding borders & flowers, I was in and out in about 10 minutes max.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%