Why So Stressful?!?!

Decorating By mommy42cuties Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 7:29pm by debbief

mommy42cuties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy42cuties Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 3

I decided about 2 months ago to STOP doing cakes for a while. I was getting so many requests from friends and family for cakes for every kind of occasion. I could not even keep up with posting the pics on here or on my facebook page. So, I cold STOPPED. It was such a relief to not have anything to do! I work a regular full time job, so for me to make cakes, it was at night or on the weekends.

LOL. But, I am starting to get the itch again! Why does it have to be so stressful! And, not like I was having major issues or problems with the cake or decorating it. I guess it is stressful because I am never happy with the outcome and the time that it takes me to prepare and decorate them.

Anyways, I just really wanted to vent a little and see if maybe anyone else ever feels this way or if it is just me and maybe I just have too much going on! icon_lol.gif

2 replies
cakelady_nikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady_nikki Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 3

I felt the same way and did the same thing!! I am glad to hear I was not alone. It is very over whelming. I eventually become preg. with number 2 and it was cheaper to stay home then it was to continue working. I now make cakes full time and it is a lot less stressful! Lol I do have two kids to watch but I can work my schedule around my kids.

Other then that I would suggest you seriously limit the amount of cakes you take. Try one a week or one every two weeks. But burnout happens in every occupation you just need to remember that you need time for you and don't take on more then you can handle.

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 3

WOW, it almost sounds like I could have started this thread icon_lol.gif . This is pretty much my situation exactly. I have a really hard time saying no so I often find myself doing 2 or sometimes even 3 cakes a week on top of my full time job. And Im pretty slow. Getting a little faster, but still slower than I should be. Like you, I stopped cold for the summer because we have so much going on during those months my DH really insisted. I enjoyed the break but I gladly started back up in Sept. and Im getting crazy busy again.

My ideal situation would be to have one cake a week and have it be due Sat. or Sun. so I can stay up all night Fri. without worrying about getting up for work. If I could keep it to something like this, the stress level would go way down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%