All Right... Who Got The Cricut Cake Mini... Do You Like It?

Decorating By MariaK38 Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 1:42am by lyndim

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all! I visited my local JoAnn last night and gazed at the Cricut Cake Mini, picked it up and started walking towards the cash register. Turned around and put it back. I want to know how my fellow cake central'ers like it first. I'm considering getting one because I can't cut things with an exacto knife... I'm just not good at it!
So, those of you who got it... do you like it? Or is it something you could do without?

Thanks! Maria

5 replies
lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Maria, I was wondering about the mini too, all I really want to use it for is lettering and intricate scrollls, so the big one would be a waste of money. How much were they asking for the mini? Was it a lot cheaper than the big one? Thanks!

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 6

The big one is still on sale for $150 at Michaels here in WI so I am not sure what the mini but if you can buy a big one for $150 why not get that?

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

the mini is $199 here, and the regular is $150 on clearance at Michael's. I thought about the big one, but since I roll my fondant through my Kitchenaid pasta maker, I can't get a piece big enough to cover the big mat on the bigger cricut, anyway... so I was looking at the smaller one. I want to use mine for letters and fondant decorations for my cupcakes and cookies (no cakes here). I want it, but I'm trying to sit on my hands and not get it until I see some reviews.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

I use the original cricut and it works fine, but i find that you need a lot of patience with it. I haven't perfected it but if i'm persistent i think i can get it done. Oh and i got the original about a year ago for under $100.

The mini i would wait for it to be on sale before buying it if i were you.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:42am
post #6 of 6

I've read many times here on the CC forum of what a waste of time the big ciruit is, it's hard to use and takes more time than if you just used cutters and molds. I still would like to check out the mini though. Seeing the prices of the big ciruit going down, maybe the mini will drop it's price soon too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%