Question About Cake Mix Extender

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 4:22pm by icer101

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 6

icon_eek.gif I have a question about the Cake Mix extender. Has anyone had any problem using Duncan Hines. Having they Cakes collapse to about half the height it normally is? I need to make, Cakes for 100 Servings and I'm researching and looking to make them out of Cake Mix and use the extender.Can you,Please, advice me. Thanks for looking and your responds...Have a Good day... thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 6

I always use the WASC method which is essentially a cake mix extender and have never had a problem.

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

There are a couple different variations of the extender out there, but I use this one and haven't had any problems with using it and DH

3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 egg

Add 1/4-1/3 of cocoa for Chcolate Mixes

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 6

I always use DH, and haven't had any problems (using Rebecca Sutterby's or kakeladi's Original WASC recipes). icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 6

Ditto here on the DH mix. I used to use Pillsbury, but found out DH yielded more batter and switched. What is your extender recipe?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 6

cakepro's( a c/cer) extender recipes are really great also. The super enhanced recipe is also great. I do like to use pillsbury or bettycrocker.Dh hines doesn,t do good for me either. Don,t know why. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%