Wedding Cake

Decorating By funtasticake Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 11:22am by funtasticake

funtasticake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtasticake Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,,, First time making wedding cake and its for 150 people,,,I had been doing a lot of research and studying. but, i feel like the more i read and study the more i get confuse... to make stoyr short..I am doing a wedding and its due on the 13th of this month...Please somebody help me and tell me how much batter and icing do i need to make four a four tier cakes...square 14",round 12",round 10"and top 6" round also.. i thought four tier is to much and to many for 150 people..but, the bride wants 4 tier.try to convince her just to have three cake and a fake one don't like it..and the most important part how much would i charge her??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif she wants chocolate and vanilla buttercream with fondant accents and real flowers...help me pls.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 5

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/wedding-cakes/wedding-cake-data.cfm

^^^ That's a chart that will give you your batter amounts and etc.

Consider charging her about $4 a serving and $35 for delivery within 10 miles, $1 more per mile after that--mapquest the address for the mileage.

About those fresh flowers--see if her florist will supply them. If you have to order and purchase them I suggest using a Costco or Sam's. Be sure that you protect the cake so none of the flower juju gets in there.

Is this a tower of roses type cake where each tier floats on what looks like another tier of solid flowers or just some flowers scattered hither & yon?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 5

I'd charge double for the flowers if I have to purchase them. I'd get them from a big box store though--very reasonabley priced in the first place. Very important that you order them in advance.

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 5

According to Wilton, she ordered 184 servings, so charge her for 184 servings, not 150.

funtasticake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtasticake Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 11:22am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the respond...i did look at that wilton chart i wasn't quite sure at first which guide to go.. that 184 i was thinking..thank you so K8memphis.she wants the flowers to go around the cake...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%