Sps System Opps...

Decorating By ljslight Updated 30 Oct 2010 , 1:20am by leah_s

ljslight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljslight Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 3

OK, so I am doing a wedding cake next weekend and I ordered the SPS system everyone is talking about. Well, I get the box yesterday and Yep, I got the plates...no legs. I didn't know I had to order the 4in legs too, I thought they came with them, Duh to me! icon_cry.gif
So I rush to the computer and ordered the legs, I sure home they come in time. I ordered through Sugar craft and got the las box in a week so I hope they come in time. Oh well, live and learn!

2 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 12:36am
post #2 of 3

Don't panic. First, are there any cake stores near you?

If not...you can always use bubble tea straws and cardboard rounds. Believe me...it's been done before!!

I've used SPS once, and used bubble straws and cardboard many many many times. SPS may make you feel better mentally, but there are other ways that will work when you need them. Trust them.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 1:20am
post #3 of 3

Since the name of the company was blocked I don't know who you ordered from. Oasis Supply ships pretty fast and the owner of the company actually posts here on occasion. SPS really is a very secure system since it locks together, unlike straws or dowels that are just sort of floating inside the cake.

You do have to order all the parts separately, since you're the only one who knows what length of legs you need. You can order the legs in 4", 5" (with extra extensions) and 9".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%