Yahoo Redirect For Cakecentral?

Lounge By ziggytarheel Updated 1 Nov 2010 , 11:17am by suzylynn58

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 11:07am
post #1 of 5

For the past 2 months, I've rarely logged onto Cakecentral simply because my computer doesn't seem to like it here anymore. Most times, when I type in the url, or even google it and click the link, Cakecentral shows up for a fraction of a second and then the page moves to a page not found by yahoo (and I don't even use yahoo).

I've had my computer updated, cleaned, checked for viruses, etc. several times. We've tried new anti-virus/spyware software. No problems show up with this computer. I don't have this problem with any other website. I can usually get here through the recipes page and then click on my forum posts and manage to get to the forums, but I have the same problem if I try to go directly to the forums page.

Anyone ever experience something like this? I'm about to give up entirely.

4 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 5

I get that too, but usually if I type it in a second time right away it works fine.

retaunton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
retaunton Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 5

Do you use internet explorer? If so, you might want to switch to Mozilla Foxfire. I was having similar problems with Internet Explorer and Yahoo. Switched to Mozilla Foxfire and no more problems.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:44am
post #4 of 5

I don't use IE, only Firefox. I wish I could figure this out. This computer gets a lot of use and we've run across no other website with this issue. I just don't understand it.

Thanks for your help.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 11:17am
post #5 of 5

I have that happen too, but only with Firefox. Works fine in IE. WEIRD!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%