My First Bridal Show!

Business By cattycornercakes Updated 30 Oct 2010 , 2:01pm by Crazboutcakes

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 6

I did my first bridal show last night. The turnout was more than I expected...especially being on a night during the week. I had 1 display wedding dummy cake, a cupcake tree with my samples, brochures, busines cards and a presentation running on my laptop. I talked to a lot of brides. They brought their mothers, sisters, fiances and some had their entire entourage icon_smile.gif I also talked to other vendors there. It was a very good experience. I think the only thing I'd change...I'd make mini cupcakes for samples rather than full size cupcakes. I really debated which to make and I could see that the full size cupcakes were more ackward for people to hold and eat.

I'm going to try to attach a picture of my display cake and my table set up. Hopefully it will work.

5 replies
cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 6

I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures on here so they are in my photos.

Thanks for looking! icon_smile.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 6

Congrats on your first show! Hope you gets lots of new business.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 6

Great set-up.

HPChick33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HPChick33 Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 6

Looks great! I hope you get some good business as a result. I have my first one inn December and I can't wait!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 6

I glad your first show went well, and am excited for you. I can only wish that I can do that in the near future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%