Sps 2 Inch Extension Piece Issues

Decorating By CakeChica Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 1:47pm by CakeChica

CakeChica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChica Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 3

I bought the SPS system about 2 years ago. I bought the pack that came with 4 inch columns and the 2 inch extensions. I used the columns but didn't need the extensions so I just kept them for later. I knew I would use them eventually.

Well I have been making a cake this week and I had planned on using the extension pieces because i was going to make a cake 6 inches in height. But at last minute I decided not to torte the cakes and just leave them at 3 thick layers instead of creating 6 thin torted layers. (This cake is just for practice.) Well the cakes are just measuring 4 1/2 inches in height, which was fine since its just a practice cake anyway, my plan was to saw off the 1/2 inch to fit the cake height. Well I got my extensions out and was going to measure where I needed to saw off the column/extensions and they don't fit inside each other?!?!? The columns fit in the plate separaters just fine. The extentions don't seem to fit anywhere??????? icon_surprised.gif

Has anyone had this happen to them? I know they all are SPS because they all came together in the SPS pack??? I just don't know? But I think I found a temporary solution. My bubble tea straws fit perfectly inside the columns so i was just going to measure out the straws to the perfect height and slip the columns around it. I thought about just leaving the columns alone and just using the 4inch columns as they are but i know 1/2 inch is a big measurement in the cake world and could be enought to cracke the base of my cake when i stack the other 2 cakes I plan to stack on it.

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 3

The extensions ONLY fit onto the 5" legs that they came with originally. The extensions do NOT fit onto the regular 4" legs. This is a system, and unfortunately you can't interchange the parts. To get a 4.5" leg, you'd need to cut down either the 5" leg or the 9" leg.

CakeChica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChica Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for responding. I will know this for next time. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%