Pricing On Hand Made Fondant Flowers

Decorating By Rethy Updated 1 Nov 2010 , 10:38pm by 3GCakes

Rethy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rethy Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #1 of 2

I did a wedding cake that was a stacked cake 5 layers high. I did all hand made flowers on the cake from fondant. How much do you charge for that type work. It was a basic white cake with bc icing. I put in about 40 hours on this cake which included set up. I am attaching a picture of the cake I made. I live in a town of about 16,000 and I am trying to figure out how much to charge for my cakes. I get the Walmart story too, and they make me feel guilty for my price. This was for my nephew and I gave them a discount of a 1.00 off and charged them 1.50/slice. I would not do that for anyone else because it took too much work. Can someone tell me what they think this cake should go for?

1 reply
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 2

Wow! That's a very nice cake.

As far as pricing for the flowers...there is another recent thread on here discussing some of the things you'd want to consider.

Some things that may affect your pricing would be...cost of materials, comparable prices to sprays/individual flowers in your area, costs of real flowers in your area, time to make them, etc.

You may want to look online and see what flowers of the same caliber are selling for as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%