Cricut Vs Silouette

Decorating By blideca Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 9:50pm by linedancer

blideca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blideca Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 12:40am
post #1 of 12

I'm trying to decide whether to get a cricut or a silouette. any suggestions?

11 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:00am
post #2 of 12

I have both and use both. I like the silhouette bacauese you can print with an edible image printer then cut the shape ut with the silhouette.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 12

I love my Silhouette. Like tiggy2, I use mine to print and cut edible images. Also use it to design cc wrappers and cookie bag toppers.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 12

The Silhouette is by far the better machine. I get a better cut with the cake blade that comes with it and I love the print and cut feature.

tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 12

I should mention if you purchase it from Linda McClure you get a special cake blade. If you get it anywhere else you wont get that. She is also very helpful if you contact her with any problems you may have.

linedancer Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 12

I am going to take Linda's class in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to it. She is close enough to me so I won't have the cost of a hotel stay icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:44pm
post #7 of 12

Her class is well worth money.

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 12

Hey linedancer, glad to see you are coming to the class. I posted a notice about her class on here, but it was pulled.

tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 12

yea they don't like post about her icon_smile.gif

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 7:13pm
post #10 of 12

I took Linda's class a few weeks ago and loved it! We used both the silhouette and the cricut and I liked the silhouette better. It was much faster and had a cleaner cut. You will learn alot from her! Plus you can make the edible image!

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 7:35pm
post #11 of 12

I have only used the Silhouette (Linda's package). After reading about all the issues people were having with the Cricut it was even more of a sell for me to get the Silhouette. Plus it has the print and cut feature which I really like.

After I got it I watched the dvds and played around with it using paper first. When I went to cut my first piece of gumpaste it worked perfectly! I was expecting a lot of trial and error, but with Linda's dvd and following her instructions it worked like a charm.

So for me, Silhouette hands down!

linedancer Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 9:50pm
post #12 of 12

I must have seen the notice before they pulled it, that's how I found out about the class. I knew she was having one in Brunswick, GA and was considering that, but it would have taken me 4 days, two to drive up and back, then the 2 day class. So that would have tacked on gas and hotel for 3 nights, I was glad to see her in St Pete.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%