Timing?

Baking By lepmer Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 4:25am by steffiessweet_sin_sations

lepmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepmer Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 4:13am
post #1 of 2

In addition to baking and assembling a castle cake for my daughter's birthday, I need to bake and deliver cupcakes to her kindergarten and daycare (yes, I think I must be insane). So, I'm trying to time everything so I don't end up with everything on one night. I'd like to bake them tomorrow and ice them all tomorrow night. They're for Thursday and Friday. Is this too far away to make them now? The buttercream I'm using has butter and whipped cream in it. I can't fit all of them in the fridge, but I was thinking of putting them in the garage (daytime temps are hovering around 0 degrees Celsius here). Do you think they'd be ok and still be moist?

Michelle

1 reply
steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 4:25am
post #2 of 2

what i have been doing, is making batter when i have time, then freezing it, and taking it out the night before i have to bake. and its ready to go. also i make buttercream when i have time, and stick it in the fridge, then when i need it, take it out, whip it up and its ready. that way all i have to do the day or night before is bake and frost and go. i do this esp when i have many things going on that i need cuppies for in one wk. i even go as far as to bake them and leave them out unfrosted wrapped in saran wrap, but never never put them in the fridge, dries them out! just leave the cuppies uniced on the counter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%