The New Mini Cricut Cake Is Here

Decorating By conchita Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm by bonniebakes

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:12am
post #1 of 7

provocraft has the new mini cricut cake machine is the same thing but smaller. exclusively at Jo-Anns November 1st but I am not sure if Michaels will sell the mini cricut cake. It looks so cute but I hate my cricut cake I can't get it to work. I try so many things I should sell mine.

6 replies
fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 6:44am
post #2 of 7

I wonder what the difference in price will be. I would never be able to justify the cost of the regular one . . . although if I could squeeze the cost of the mini one into the budget, it might be fun.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 7

I think I'm going to look for the plain Cricut Create on Black Friday, where they're usually around $50. I have the large Cricut Expression for paper crafting, and am reluctant to mix the paper with the fondant/gumpaste. I can buy the cake mats and the deep cut blade and turn the Create into a mini Cake Cricut.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 7

does anyone know if the new mini Cake will be able to use the same cartridges and blades as the other machines?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 7

It almost sounds cool to have a "mini" but I just think the whole concept is too much of a space and time waster. I can just print stuff off and use an exacto knife if I need a shape, or a cutter....its not going to be worth the few times I'd actually need it.... I spend way too much money on cake supplies as it is. haha.

Had an edible image printer and that was a space and money waster too...now I just order out.

cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 7

yes, they will use the same cartridges icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakestars

yes, they will use the same cartridges icon_smile.gif

thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%