Wedding Cake Boxes

Decorating By thecakeprincess Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 5:51pm by Loucinda

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 9

Where do you guys get your large boxes for tiered cakes/wedding cakes? I was watching Amazing Wedding Cakes and noticed the large boxes with lids. Does anyone know where I can get these?

Thanks!

8 replies
Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 9

Bump...I'd like to know the same thing!!

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 9

Not sure where you would get them in the USA but online websites such as Design a Cake have them, thye are expensive though, around £18.00....no idea what that is in dollars!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #4 of 9

bakery crafts sells them, i think the largest they do is 2 tiers though... can't remember for sure

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:11am
post #5 of 9

My husband made me one for transporting. He took a big box, cute the front of the box half way down so I can get the cake in and out, and lined in tinfoil. I also can put the cake in the back of my Rav and turn the open part towards the front of the car so the A/C reaches it. It works great!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #6 of 9

DecoPac sells them. I bought one and just reuse it for my wedding cakes.

Otherwise I would check out ULINE. I buy their 12x12x12 and 14x14x14 boxes for my smaller tiered cakes.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 4:37am
post #7 of 9

The Bakery Craft delivery systems are up to 15.5" tall plus they sell tabs to extend the box height which still accepts the lid.
http://bakerycrafts.com/Home/Items/tabid/69/SrchStr/del%20sys/Default.aspx

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 5:51pm
post #9 of 9

If you are going to do a lot of wedding cakes, you may want to check out investing in a cake safe. ( www.cakesafe.com ) They are awesome, and look a lot more professional than carrying a cake in a box. I have gotten several comments on mine when I have used it. They really do work like they advertise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%