Do You Store Fondant Decorated Cake In Refrigerator?

Decorating By Linda2010 Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 2:13am by bakingatthebeach

Linda2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda2010 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 3

I always decorate the cakes the day I will deliver them, because I live in warm humid weather and I am afraid of the condensation if I refrigerate them.

Sometimes doing this is extremely stressful specially if the cake is needed for breakfast (like first comunions). Could anybody tell me if you know if there is a way to take the cake of the refrigerator without damaging the fondant?

I will appreciate your help very very much (You would make my life easy icon_lol.gif )

2 replies
brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 2:05am
post #2 of 3

I am not an expert in this because I live in AZ- so humidity is not usually a problem. We do have monsoon seasons here though and I ALWAYS refrigerate my cakes. I am hate having to finish a cake the same day it is due, it is just too stressful and I always end up feeling like I could have done better if...

Anways, when it is humid here and my cakes start to sweat when I take them out of the fridge, I put them in front of a fan for about 10 minutes, rotating every few minutes to get all the sides.

Like I said, AZ doesn't have a huge humidity problem, but when we do it totally changes the cakes. I had one grow an enormous bubble a few weeks ago and the lady didn't know what to do so she just pushed it back down without poking a hole and letting the air out, so it just kept growing back! Ugh!

I am interested to see what people have to say about this though. =0)

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 2:13am
post #3 of 3

I live in SC and we are very humid. I have put my fondant cakes in the fridge and I havnt had any issues with condensation on them yet. I have heard they can sweat and I also have read if you place it in a covered box this helps with it. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%