I Need A Really Great Buttercream Recipe

Baking By lola52 Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 11:58pm by bates123

lola52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lola52 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I need A really good fullproof recipe for buttercream. I need one with the perfect consisting for frosting yet piping too! Please My recipe is to crusty and hard to frost with. Please Help!

2 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola52

Ok I need A really good fullproof recipe for buttercream. I need one with the perfect consisting for frosting yet piping too! Please My recipe is to crusty and hard to frost with. Please Help!

Hello!

Your question involves a lot more than someone handing you a recipe. First of all...what recipe are you currently using?

Are you tweaking it for different applications...such as frosting vs. borders?

Most people on here look in the recipe section, or their favorite cake book to pick out recipes that appeal to them...then make them and try them. Different regions have different tweaks that make the recipes work for them...such as high humidity areas add less liquid...and people who prefer butter use butter instead of shortening.

There is no one size fits all frosting, so it would probably help you to look at the recipe section under buttercreams, choose some that appeal to you, and try them.

Also, you may try looking at the thread entitled: "Everything you ever wanted to know about Buttercream". That is probably the best place to start.

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 3

Indydebi's recipe! It's the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%