Cake Boss Keeps Name!?!

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 5:15pm by Shelle_75

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 11

Just saw this on the MSN home page:

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=607215>1=28101&wa=wsignin1.0

I hope our KelleyM is able to address this to explain in more detail.

10 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:03am
post #2 of 11

I'm betting TLC offered them a ton of money to be able to keep it.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 12:59am
post #3 of 11

I agree, cakesbycathy, I bet a BIG bunch of money for kelleym caused that to happen.

However, it's possible that kelleym won't be allowed to talk about it...

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 2:10am
post #4 of 11

Considering it's a confidential agreement, I doubt that either party will be allowed to address any of the details of that agreement.

It's obvious that Kelly had a case, and TLC really really wanted to avoid having to re-do their merchandising, branding, etc. Both parties would have lost something had this case gone to court to battle it out. I think this was a wise move for both parties and I hope that Kelly and her company were compensated for the confusion that so many people seemed to have.

Glad to see that it's all settled and I hope that Kelly is very pleased with the outcome. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 6:16am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Glad to see that it's all settled and I hope that Kelly is very pleased with the outcome. icon_smile.gif

Ditto! thumbs_up.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 11

Yeah, I agree, I bet there was a nice bit of money being tossed around there .. hopefully both parties are happy!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 11

Im glad it is settled too but now I am wondering what they are going to do about Remy...Did they fire him? Did the family dis-own him...I read he is in jail because he couldn't come up with the bail money..I suppose that is it for him on Cake Boss..I wonder what his wife Lisa(Buddy's sister) is gonna do...Ooooh I bet Mamma is hopping mad....

I know...Nosey I am.....LOL

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 11

I would still like to know if they both are allowed to keep the name, how is the confusion issue resolved?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 11

Official statement:

Quote:
Quote:

Plaintiff Masters Software, Inc., and defendants Discovery Communications Inc., TLC, and Buddy Valastro have settled their lawsuit relating to the use of the trademark Cake Boss. The parties have agreed to resolve the matter amicably and in a confidential settlement agreement. Masters will continue to use its CakeBoss name exclusively in connection with its computer software for bakery business management and non-exclusively in connection with online cake baking recipes and tutorials and cake decorating kits. TLC will continue to produce and broadcast its popular television series, Cake Boss, and to use the mark in related media products and merchandise. The parties will be making no further public statements.

I am very grateful for the support we have received from the CakeCentral community. Love you guys!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 12:52am
post #10 of 11

Hey Kelly - ENJOY YOUR MONEY!!!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif congrats!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 5:15pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I know...Nosey I am.....LOL

LOL

I don't think it's nosy considering they've already put their whole life on tv for us to see and for them to make $$....

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%