Help Please...how Remove Edible Image/already Tried Freezing

Baking By MD888 Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 1:52pm by gingerbreadtogo

MD888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MD888 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I hope someone can respond with a successful solution quickly. icon_smile.gif

I am trying to apply the edible image to my fondant discs to place on top of cupcakes. However, I am unable to remove them from the sheet the came on. I tried freezing them (already 1 1/2 hours), then wiggling them to free them loose. Tried to lift them with my finger nail...that only destroyed the edges. The image frosting is incredibly thin.

3 replies
sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 4

I take my EI and use my hair dryer on high and run it across the front of the image for about 30 seconds. Then blow the hair dryer across the back of the image (on the paper). Then take the EI and place up against a mirror or window with the backing sheet against the mirror/glass. This cools the image down quickly. Then I remove the image from the backing. This is the way I remove my EI when it's very humid or the EI is saturated with ink if there is a lot of dark ink used in the printing. If it's a smaller partial sheet, I use the dryer less. HTH

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 4

When freezing the brand, you only want to put it in for no more then a minute. What brand are you having this much trouble with?

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 4

I often have trouble.. I use a thin sculpting blade and run it under edible image "carefully" . I have to do this with all my kopykake 2" & 3" circles.. ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%