Worst Cake Month Ever!

Decorating By muddpuppy Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 11:51am by AmysCakesNCandies

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 6

I swear, there is some sort of moon wobble going on cause I have had nothing but disasters all month!! First, my laptop is fried, then I miss the polka dots on a top tier. My hot pink roses came out coral... I broke a porcelin cake topper and had to replace it... Then after chasing a groom-zilla for his week over due payment, he calls me the day before his wedding and says wheres my cake? ... R U kidding me??!! Then he proceeds to tell me that he sent me a message changing the date of delivery and its all my fault and then he swore at me.. GRRRR... All of his SIGNED contract, invoice, order form say OCT 23rd!!! I'm convinced he's crazy.. He then said he was cancelling and would make his own cake....I told him no refund on a cake cancelled the day before the wedding, go read the contract you signed.. He swore at me again and hung up.. Then This morning, after spending all night making Sleeping Beauty, a prince, and 3 fairies, I trip and drop all of them!! I couldn't save the prince,and had to remake everyone elses heads!! icon_cry.gif

I hope this unlucky cake streak ends now!! P.S... I save all correspondance with my customers and went through all of his emails... there was no date change... ggrrrrrrrrrr!!!

5 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpuppy

he calls me the day before his wedding and says wheres my cake?....
.... I told him no refund on a cake cancelled the day before the wedding...

I'm confused. If he cancelled the day before, why did he also call the day before asking where his cake was?

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 6

Oh sorry, while he was yelling at me that he had changed his date, he said he was cancelling and would make his own cake....

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 6

Remind him about small claims court. All the evidence is on your side. It doesn't cost much and he would end up having to pay your filing fee as well. Just do it and perhaps all your bad luck will change! icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpuppy

Oh sorry, while he was yelling at me that he had changed his date, he said he was cancelling and would make his own cake....

Oh... that's because the nutball knew he never told you about the date change. Normal people don't ask "where's my cake?" a day before their wedding (unless it really was to be delivered the day before). And even if it was so, they know there would be time to finish a cake before it's needed the next day, so he makes no sense. Probably buyer's remorse since he said he'd make his own cake rather than stating that he was going elsewhere. It's easy to see right through the excuses from people who have a hard time admitting that they simply don't have the money... they like to have someone else to blame it all on, like YOU did something wrong. (it makes them feel better.)

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:51am
post #6 of 6

In light of the fact that hee hadn't paid you, my guess is he simply didn't have the money and thought if he barked loud enough and made you think that you made an error you would give it to him for free.

sorry you are having such a bad month... hope November is much better for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%