Cupcakes For Work Fair.....please Need Help.

Baking By Cakeonista Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 10:44pm by Kiddiekakes

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, I was hoping some of my fellow cc'ers could give me some advice. We are having a work fair next week and I wanted to bring in several dozen cupcakes maybe 4 or 5 different flavor combos and I'm really not sure how many dozen of each to bring. There could be almost 200 people coming by but I think that could be more than I could handle even just to get them there and My main concern is packaging, do you think I need to offer individual clear cupcake boxes or just have them out and offer a napkin? I was hoping maybe some people would want to take a few home with them for the kids, since Im trying to make my table Halloweenish along with harvest. Also if you could give me some flavor ideas? Im also making a few dozen cookies to put out. Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 9

around here, a "work fair" is where businesses set up booths and people who need a job can hit a lot of potential employers at once and place job applications. So what exactly are you calling a "work fair" where you would take cupcakes? icon_confused.gif

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:22am
post #3 of 9

i wouldnt think people looking for a job would be prospective clients......just a thought. i understnad tho if you are just trying to get your name out there. u go to whatever fair is available. i just dont know how well this one would pay off.

Cakeonista Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 9

Your both right, what we are having is a fair at work where whoever wants to can bring in baked goods or crafts for sale. So back to my original question......any advice?

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 9

yes, the individual clear plastic boxes would be your best bet, i got mine from wesellcoffee.com pretty cheap. but they prob have them at a baking supply if u have that around u.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 9

Someone ion another thread once suggested using plastic cups with lids as individual cupcake containers. Sounds like it would work well to protect the CC (but getting it out of the cup might be difficult or messy).

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 9

Cakeonista, if you are not going to have any help carrying these in, you may want to buy just regular sheet cake boxes and put as many in the sheet cake boxes as you can. It will mean fewer boxes to carry. Then maybe just take a few small boxes with you in case some would like to take some goodies home. As for flavors, for Halloween, pumpkin and cream cheese filling/frosting is always good. Spiced apple and cinnamon buttercream is another you could try. Spice cake and cream cheese filling/frosting. I just saw one online for butternut cupcakes with a oatmeal crumb (a brown sugar and cinnamon cream filling might go good with that). White/Chocolate cupcakes with a bavarian cream. Chocolate with a Chocolate ganache. Oh...chocolate ganache on the butternut might be good too. Man, I'm making myself hungry. Strawberry with a chocolate ganache or maybe chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter filling. Pumpkin with a maple filling. Oh and for the cookies...I'd stick to the regulars...maybe some peanut butter, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, and oatmeal. Hope those help.

Cakeonista Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you everyone for your advice, transporting will definitely be easier in sheet cake boxes. As fir all those flavors, wow thanks I'm going to incorporate a few of those. Thanks again!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 10:44pm
post #9 of 9

Pumpkin spice or gingerbread spice is also a nice holiday flavor

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%