Boquet Using Bettercreme Icing? Anyone Try This?

Baking By Mfattore Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm by Mfattore

Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone made bouquets with Bettercreme icing? I planned to use a crusting buttercream for stability since they are table centerpieces for a birthday party but I thought about trying Bettercreme instead. Anyone have any experience with wether or not this would work?

6 replies
steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 3:46am
post #2 of 7

i have made 2 bouquets using bettercreme, the first one the frosting held great, the second one was sugar free and the texture was a little off, because of the splenda. but it did hold up well! i live in oklahoma where it gets super hot! i decorated them then put them on the toothpicks. u can see them on my site. i did one with cups one without. i like the without cups much better gives a much cleaner look.

moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 7

Did you use straight Bettercreme or did you add something to it to make it stiffer so that you could pipe it?

Thanks

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 7

nope straight bettercreme

Mfattore Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 7

Perfect, I just picked up a carton and am excited to play with it.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 4:29am
post #6 of 7

good luck, post pics when your finished! i know i was so worried mine would wilt the first time, but turns out i didnt have anything to worry about! they stayed on until several days later according to my friend!

Mfattore Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 7

Its next month but I will def. post pics when I am done. This is likely the biggest job I will ever create. Hope I survive it. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%