Littlest Pet Shop Wedding Cake?!

Decorating By 3boysmama Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 3:25am by cheatize

3boysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boysmama Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 7

How on earth do I do this? I'm making a square tiered cake, and bride wants lime green accents. She gave me 2 Littlest Pet Shop characters for the bride/groom and 7 tiny ones to represent their children in a trail behind them... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

6 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 7

How about a path of lime green paw prints from the bottom tier to the top tier. I think some medium size flowers like dogwood and I think there's a flower called cattails ( I have no idea what these flowers look like) would tie in the pet theme and make it look a little more wedding like. I hope this helps!

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 11:51am
post #5 of 7

That's a tough one! I have to disagree on the dogwood and cattail thing, though. Just because it's in their name doesn't mean it really goes with the theme. I think Littlest Pet Shop is more about bright colors and caricature. I don't know what the bride and groom want, but I could see it working better if you added a bright pink and blue to give it more color (or use the colors from the figures they already gave you). Maybe use kid-friendly shapes like circles or stars as part of the design. Or you could set up an outdoor scene as a "play area" for the pet shop "family". JMO.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 7

Here's a Littlest Pet Shop cake I made for a girl's birthday. Maybe it will help with possible ideas.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2335760680053175376AWEcec

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 3:25am
post #7 of 7

Ooohhh! Ahhhh! That is a lovely cake!

It looks nothing like what I imagined. Now I think the theme is doable for a wedding cake. Still kind of ookie to me personally, but doable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%