Soooo Excited!!!! Any Advice??

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 1:53pm by TexasSugar

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:19am
post #1 of 16

Just wanted to share my excitement! Come December, I will be a Wilton Method Instructor at my local Michael's store! It is such a wonderful opportunity for me and I am just so happy! Wheeeee! LOL! Thanks for letting me share! That being said, are there any WMI's out there in CakeCentral world that have any advice or tips for me??

Any would be appreciated!

Thanks
CHristine

15 replies
awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 16

Congratulations!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:32am
post #3 of 16

Yes, Congratulations!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 16

Congratulations!

mimi4bye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi4bye Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:29am
post #5 of 16

Awesome! Good for you...good luck! icon_smile.gif

chrissypie Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:37am
post #6 of 16

Thank you so much everyone!

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 16

that sounds so exciting!!! I have no advice as an instructor, but as someone who enjoys classes I would say...the more fun you have the more fun your class will have! My favorite instructor created a very relaxed environment and inspired us to all chat as we worked and I met some friends and always had a good time icon_smile.gif

chrissypie Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 16

adventuregal, I couldn't agree more! I loved my classes so much, I kept taking them over and over just to be able to decorate and chat and have fun! I think my instructor must have thought I was nuts for repeatedly coming back! Hahah!

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 16
what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:05pm
post #10 of 16

Good for you thumbs_up.gif
As much as you enjoy, there's few else to say but keep that path... enthusiasm is contagious.

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:10pm
post #11 of 16

Congrats.
Check with the other WMIs on CC. I think there is special forum just for them. I bet they can give you alot of tips and advice.
Good Luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:47pm
post #12 of 16

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-691791.html

Have you seen the above post? icon_smile.gif

Congrats!!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

lilbitacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilbitacake Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 7:11pm
post #13 of 16

I took the wilton class 1 twice the first in 1998 but the teacher then didn't give you hands on help if you need it. Well this year i tried it again with class 1 and as they say second time the charm. I had different teacher and she took you by the hand and helped you if she saw that you were having problems. She would take you by the hand and show you how to hold you hand to do the them wilton rose and from there on I took all 4 classes and fell in love with cake decorating.

cakemaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker2 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 6:27pm
post #14 of 16

My sister is a WMI, and she agrees to make a cake for the cashier that signs up the most students for her classes, each month. Good Luck!

poomagoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poomagoo Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:12pm
post #15 of 16

Congrats Chrissypie. I'm starting as a WMI next month and am so excited too. Lots of paperwork to sort through but I can't wait to get started. Hope it goes really well for you. Feel free to PM me and we can compare newbie notes icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 1:53pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemaker2

My sister is a WMI, and she agrees to make a cake for the cashier that signs up the most students for her classes, each month. Good Luck!

I've heard of people that do that, or leave their first night cake with the cashier that signs up the most. Personally for me, I don't think it is fair to those that don't work the registers. The other employees help me and my students out just as much as the cashiers do. Thankful my store employees will look to see if we have something and dig through box after box to find it for my students.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%