Chocolate Ganache

Baking By mommynana Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 1:00am by momto2pottsy

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 9

can i keep a cake covered with choc. ganache in the fridge, its going to have strawberry filling in it, thank you for any replys

8 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 9

Yep I refrigerate all cakes!

The only time I've had trouble with ganache is that I often have my cake fridges set really cold....and the ganache cracks on me...but as long as I turn my fridge up to a more mild (but still safe) cold, it works just fine.

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 9

Kitagrl - do you refridgerat fondant covered cakes as well? I'm never sure whether or not to???

mommynana Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:11am
post #4 of 9

Kitagrl, im supossed to cover the cake with fondant,on tue. so will the cake be ok in the fridge with the ganache on mon, till tue? thanks

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:27am
post #5 of 9

I refrigerate all my cake too...fondant and iced cakes. I've never had a problem with either.

mommynana Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:28am
post #6 of 9

thanks lisa,

momto2pottsy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:29am
post #7 of 9

Perfect! Thanks for your reply! I have a cake I have to do for Sunday and I have to make it tomorrow so now I'm confident it will be ok!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:29am
post #8 of 9

Yep it will be fine in the fridge...I refrigerate every single cake. Helps for transport, too, makes it nice and firm. I just tell customers to serve at room temp but usually that's not a problem since its on display for a couple hours before the party.

momto2pottsy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:00am
post #9 of 9

Thankyou Kitagrl! That's good to know from a couple people. Last time I drove a cake somewhere it cracked(the buttercream) I didn't put it in the fridge b/c it had fondant decorations on it. luckily it was for a family member but still. Now I know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%