Adding Different Flavors To Buttercream

Baking By leannrr Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 5:18pm by zirconiag

leannrr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannrr Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have an idea of how much and of what to add to buttercream to make raspberry or strawberry buttercream? Should I add jello or pudding or fresh?

6 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 7

you can use candy oils to add flavor (my cake store sells them or they can be purchased online), or another good one is Torani coffee syrups. I just add until it's the depth of flavor that I want. HTH

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 7

I have a strawberry and respberry filling in the recipe section. I just add some tablespoons of that to my buttercream until I get the pretty color and taste I want.

FlamingoLadyKimmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlamingoLadyKimmie Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 7

You can most definitely do either thing, I guess it depends on the texture you want in your buttercreme. I love adding fresh strawberries, cut up and patted dry a bit for the flavor and the texture, in a pinch I have added frozen, defrosted and drained ones also. You can do the same thing with raspberries. I have also added flavored jello, but it makes the texture of the icing more grainy, I guess it is whatever you or the client prefers. I have also used preserves in strawberry, blackberry, peach, orange marlalade, raspberry, etc. You can use the extracts and syrups, but I like the texture of the fruit. Hope this helps some.

leannrr Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 7

thanks. I guess I was wondering if I deleted liquid (milk) from the recipe and replaced with liquid of extract or more preferrably the jam or fresh fruits. How much fruit or jam do I add?

leannrr Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 7

ddaigle: didn't find your filling recipe, however saw the liquor syrup which I added to favorites! icon_smile.gif Concluding from your post, maybe I could just add a couple tablespoons of raspberry preserves to my same bc recipe.

zirconiag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zirconiag Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 7

For 4 cups of IMBC, I put in 1 cup of strawberry puree. I've also tried putting raspberry jam ... about 4 tbsp for 2 cups. I don't usually use this measurement, I just add till I like the taste

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%