Wedding Cake Drama...

Decorating By mamamade Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 3:39am by cheatize

mamamade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamamade Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:02am
post #1 of 10

I have this wedding cake to do this weekend and I was just told that the 10/8/6 that was ordered is now being changed to a 10/9/8 due to the topper being 8" wide.

My question is, has anyone done the sizes 10/9/8? And how did it look? This bridezilla is killing me! I'm just worried that it won't look right.

9 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 10

It's going to look really squat, unless you make the tiers extra high, which means waaay more servings, aka waaay more money

Double the price and see what she says

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:18am
post #3 of 10

Speaking from experience, the sizes will be too close to the same and won't look nice. I prefer at least 2" between sizes.

mamamade Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 10

Thank you for the replies. You just confirmed what I was worried about. She is not going to like my phone call, but she should of thought about her topper well before now.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 10

Does she realize that that will give her an extra 15 servings? I don't know what you charge per serving. But at $4 that's an extra $60 she'd owe you. It would be cheaper for her to go out and buy a smaller topper.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:57am
post #6 of 10

Good gravy, even on an 8" cake, an 8" wide topper is going to look like crap. I would suggest to your bridezilla that she display the topper on the table next to the cake. The easiest thing to do at this late date would be for her to pick up a mirror at the craft store to display the topper on so it doesn't look like an afterthought.

lovenintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovenintheoven Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:05am
post #7 of 10

if bridezilla insists on these size tiers...try using a smaller dummy in between the layers, So 10-6-9-6-8. That would be better than the 10-9-8 by far. AND CHARGE HER MORE!!

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:11am
post #8 of 10

or switch from 10-8-6 to 12-10-8

mamamade Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:13am
post #9 of 10

After listening to her getting upset with ME on the phone, she wants the topper on the side..I guess she didn't want to pay anymore money and thought I was just going to do it at no extra charge! I can't wait to get this one done and over with! She had the nerve to say the cost for a wedding cake is high enough and refuses to pay anymore than what she has already paid.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:39am
post #10 of 10

Tough cookies. She knew her top tier was 6 inches when she bought an 8 inch topper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%