I Can Tint My Fondant A Week Ahead Of Time, Can't I?

Decorating By mimmablue Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 11:34pm by mimmablue

mimmablue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimmablue Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 4

I will be decorating my daughter's b'day cake in 8 days. Before then I will bake and freeze the cakes.

I really want to tint all my fondant for the cake, and be happy with all the colours well ahead of time. And in between working from home and looking after a 3 year old and a 1 year old, I need to do bits and pieces here and there when I get a chance IYKWIM!

I will tint and then double wrap the fondant and then put into ziplock bags and keep in dark cool cupboard. That will okay, right??

3 replies
Cocobongo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cocobongo Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 4

It works for me. It will last for ages as long as air doesn't get to it, but that's a fondant thing rather than a colouring thing. icon_smile.gif

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 4

Just be areful wih how much colour you use - once the colour has been needed in, it develops into a darker shade than your original colour, so less is more as they say! You can put it in if you need more, but you can't take it out. Good luck

mimmablue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimmablue Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance

Just be areful wih how much colour you use - once the colour has been needed in, it develops into a darker shade than your original colour, so less is more as they say! You can put it in if you need more, but you can't take it out. Good luck

Thanks for this tip! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%