Wilton Customer Service...or Lack Thereof!

Decorating By trixieleigh Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 3:32pm by TexasSugar

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 5

Bought a can of Wilton Colormist in black for the first time this morning to try. THANK GOD I had the bright idea of testing it out on some cake scraps with a smudge of icing on it before I frosted my whole cake in white! Stuff doesn't work at all. It looks like it doesn't have a whole lot of color whatsoever. Barely tinted a purplish color. Thought it was me, tried it on some fondant with the same results. Gave the company a call, and they were SO rude, and said take it back to the store. I politely explained that my cake store doesn't accept returns. She snapped back with, "Well, you can mail it back with your receipt and we'll send you a check." Tried to hang up without giving me an address to mail it to, and acted perterbed that I would even need to know that bit on info. GEEZE! Maybe they need to send her to charm school! Really gives me a bad taste for Wilton products now.

4 replies
Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 5

While I'm not surprised that the colormist did not turn white BC or fondant black, I am surprised at the customer service person you spoke to. I had a Wilton brownie cutter whose handle broke off last year, and they were extremely accomodating- they took my name, address and immediately mailed me a new one. I did not even have to mail the old cutter back in! Add to that the fact that I bought my cutter from Michaels, not directly from Wilton. Sorry you had such a bad experience! icon_sad.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 5

I've also always heard good things about Wilton's customer service. I haven't had to use them but I have heard of several situations like the above where they have sent out a replacement product.

I'm sorry you had a bad experince. Let's hope the one you talked to was having a really bad day.

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:34am
post #4 of 5

I guess I caught this person having a bad day, but she was sour from hello! She didn't even introduce herself.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 5

I don't think there is ever an excuse to be rude, but having to answer the phones all day I can say I only hope that there was some underlining thing going on with her.

If she wasn't very helpful, you can always try calling again and seeing if you get someone else and letting them know about the unhelpfulness you received yesterday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%