What To Ask When Renting A Kitchen

Business By BosCakes Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 9:22pm by jason_kraft

BosCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BosCakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!

This is an exciting day...going to look at a rental kitchen!

What questions should I make sure to ask? What should I look for in the kitchen?

Thanks for any tips/advice!

4 replies
BosCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 5

anyone?

after looking at the kitchen and getting some info, it turns out that their kitchen license has expired. who would be responsible for getting in inspected again, me or them as the landlord?

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 5

They need to have initial permit to run kitchen. WHen you apply, health dept will check to make sure it is a "permitted" kitchen. If not you're at a standstill...

good luck

BosCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 5

thank you...that's what i was thinking too. i hope they're not going to tell me i have to pay for all that crap. if they do, i'll gladly look for another kitchen, a licensed one!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 5

In many areas, when you rent someone else's commercial kitchen, you must also be inspected by the health department (even if the kitchen already has been inspected for other tenants). The inspection certificate typically applies only to a specific company baking at a specific location.

If there are issues with the facility, the landlord would be responsible for taking care of that. Of course, the landlord could refuse, in which case you would look for another rental kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%