Need Suggestions For Kids Halloween Party

Decorating By michgowell Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 1:10am by KJ62798

michgowell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michgowell Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:33am
post #1 of 5

I am making cupcakes for young kids to decorate at a Halloween party. I need suggestions on what to get them. I don't have a lot of time to prep anything homemade so am thinking of just getting whatever various sprinkles, so boring! Hoping someone has any clever ideas or at least topping suggestions...

Also, should I bring them frosted or let the kids frost them???

THANKS!

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:36am
post #2 of 5

You could frost them for the kids on-site so the sprinkles will stick.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:40am
post #3 of 5

I can think of lots of ideas, but it's best to just google images of Halloween cupcakes. Definitely let the kids frost them on-site. That way their accessories will stick.

laurenboxall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurenboxall Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:45am
post #4 of 5

Could you get jelly beans and other various lollies so they could make scary faces on them?

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:10am
post #5 of 5

If you frost the cuppies in black & give the kids black licorice whips & small candies, they could make spider cuppies.

Frost orange & give them candies and a little black fondant to make jack o'lantern faces.

I did simple ghosts--a fondant circle draped over a dum-dum lolli with a face drawn w/a food marker. You can cut the fondant ahead of time and sandwich it between layers of Press-n-Seal so that it is airtight. It should stay soft enough for the kids to drape over the sucker.

HTH
Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%