Pan Preparation

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 12:51pm by leily

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I read somewhere on here that you can make your own pan prep substance out of equal parts of flour, oil and shortening. So I gave it a shot today and was I AMAZED at how easily my cake popped out of the pan!

I normally just coat my pan in shortening and then flour the pan, but with this mix, I was able to do it all in one short step. It's materials that I already have in the pantry so I don't have to buy anything else, and I just keep it in a little tupperware for when I need it!

Just wanted to share in case anyone hasn't tried this already! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 3:55am
post #2 of 4

I love it too. I will say the only time I still have a sticking issue is with my carrot cake. I'm not sure if it's the nuts or the brown sugar but I have to line my pans in parchment for that one cake. For all other cakes, homemade cake release is wonderful.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:02am
post #3 of 4

Yes, I am another witness that pan grease works. I was so happy when I tried it because I hated to butter my pans because my hands would get greasy and it always seemed like I missed a spot. Now I just brush it on and voila! No worries. thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 4

i love it too, i always have the ingredients on hand if i run out, there is not messy overspray (i hated to clean that stuff up), and i can use it for EVERYTHING. i use it for all of my cooking too, anything that i don't want it sticking. I've turned quite a few of my family on too it too since it's so simple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%