Anti-Halloween Cake

Decorating By JanessaJo Updated 31 Oct 2010 , 3:45pm by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

JanessaJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanessaJo Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 24

My friend wants a cake for her anti-halloween party....but I'm not really sure what that means or what to do......any ideas?

23 replies
Kaytecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaytecake Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanessaJo

My friend wants a cake for her anti-halloween party....but I'm not really sure what that means or what to do......any ideas?

I'm assuming that your friend opposes Halloween for religious reasons. I don't really get her/his request either. If she/he doesn't like the holiday than start a tradition that better reflects his/her views. I don't like to get involved in negative reactions. See if your friend could offer positive views on what they would like to celebrate. Here's an example- I went to Catholic school way back in the day when we had some very strict nuns. Our teacher did not approve of Halloween parties but would allowed us to dress up as saints. Not as much fun as the other class parties but she did make the party theme fit her point of view. Good luck and I hope that your friend can develop a happy alternative party theme.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 24

You might really need to get some clarification from your friend. Never hurts to ask questions.

Perhaps a fall (or harvest) festival cake with apples and pumpkins and corn, with a scarecrow? That's what my son's school always required...not "anti" Halloween, but still appropriate for the season.

JanessaJo Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 24

ok the story is there is this guy who always throws a party, demands you dress up or you cant come, invites his mom, little sister and her friends, and the parties always suck

so they are throwing their own "anti-halloween" party instead of going to his

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 24

So, then basically that would be a "normal" party - with no dressing up? I would do something like a fall type cake, with leaves or a cornucopia. You may need a little more direction from them> icon_cool.gif

JanessaJo Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 24

yeah she has no clue either, i told her i would look it up and see if there was some specific anti-halloween theme or ask on here...but apparently there isn't, lol.

she's gonna get my bloody eye ball cake

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 24

Our church does a fall festival about the time for Halloween. Lat years cake had cornucopias, fall flowers and leaves on it. I agree you need more direction from the person you are making this cake for.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 24

If they are doing it to poke fun of the Halloween Party you could really play on that. I am thinking a cake with ghosts, but with a cross over them, like no ghosts allowed, or a house that isn't haunted at all, but instead is kind of happy and cheerful in the fall season. Maybe even a witch out front, but she is more like the good witch and more fairy like. If you do sculptures you could do a couple trick or treaters coming up to the door, but it has a sign reading "No costumes allowed".

That is what I think of when I head Anti-Halloween. If it for religious reasons you could incorporate some aspects of the belief into it.

Just a few ideas.

HTH

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 2:21am
post #9 of 24

What about a carnival booth, that is a "Shoot Out," instead of cans it can be a witches hat, ghost, candy corn, pumpkins, spiders. You could mold a little rifle out of fondant.

HTH

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 24

I get it now - it's a spoof!
Some possibles I've seen around:
12 - 12 - 12 twice as evil
Boo Humbug
Jack-o'lantern with the 'no' slash across.
I don't do costumes; now step aside, you're standing on my invisible dog.
Just put the candy in the (plain paper) bag!
Plain white buttons with the name of a Halloween symbol on them in block letters - ie: WITCH, DEVIL
-
Make it fun, everything decorated with just block letters; from the 'welcome mat' in front of the door - haunted house here - strings hanging from the ceiling holding signs that say 'bat' and 'spider; 'Shower at your own risk' on the shower curtain;
Everyone in jeans and white tshirts with a sign on front and back identifying the costume.

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 1:12pm
post #11 of 24

7yyrt, that's what I was thinking. Silly spoof stuff. I like the plain white button with the costume name on them - that's clever!

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 2:35pm
post #12 of 24

How about make it Christmas themed rather than Halloween themedicon_smile.gif Or maybe with angels, light pastel colours, and happy faces all over it - that's pretty anti-Halloween...

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #13 of 24

I don't get it. Why on earth would anyone want to have an ANTI-Halloween party? icon_confused.gif Just have your own party where dressing is optional.

I'm too much of a Halloween freak to understand that, well that's not true, I get it, just can't fathom it.

How about a simple orange and black cake with simple writing:

Any resemblance to Halloween is purely coincidental.

You'd have to write really small...

caferock05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caferock05 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 24

I think she should rename her party to a "anti-costume" or "costume optional" party... This way it does not give the idea of her boycotting Halloween.. instead boycotting that guy's rule of mandatory costume- (Which is how I understood it)

Why don't you tell her your idea of the eyeball cake (sounds cool!) and she if that rolls with her...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm
post #15 of 24
JanessaJo Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:08am
post #16 of 24

I made a list of all the ideas and she decided on a Boo Humbug cake....so we're gonna do a 2 tier cake, one tier lime green, the other bright orange, with those colors and purple ghosts all over and Boo Humbug written on it.

thanks for all of the responses =)

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:21am
post #17 of 24
Quote:

ok the story is there is this guy who always throws a party, demands you dress up or you cant come, invites his mom, little sister and her friends, and the parties always suck

so they are throwing their own "anti-halloween" party instead of going to his

I like it! and I loved 7yrrt's ideas (12-12-12 twice as evil....ha ha ha ha)

Hope you have a FUN Boo Humbug!

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:09am
post #18 of 24
Quote:

I made a list of all the ideas and she decided on a Boo Humbug cake....so we're gonna do a 2 tier cake, one tier lime green, the other bright orange, with those colors and purple ghosts all over and Boo Humbug written on it.

thanks for all of the responses =)

I love it. That will be adorable and I can't wait to see pictures.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 11:48am
post #19 of 24

Yes - make sure you post pictures!!! (Please)

JanessaJo Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 2:24pm
post #20 of 24

Well there was no boo humbug cake, so I can't post pics. My friend thought I was doing the cake for free, meaning I was going to pay for all the supplies out of pocket, which I definitely could not afford. I was so excited about making this cake too!

Boooo! lol

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 2:36pm
post #21 of 24

AAAWWWWWWW! Why do people do that! People act like you can pull one of these cakes out of your A$$ for free.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 3:17pm
post #22 of 24

I totally agree, just turn someone down after she decided to call me on a Wednesday to say she still wanted her cake done ( 1/2 sheet fondant butt legs back, cake with a corset on it) for that Saturday morning and I work full time and also have a family to tend to another order I took from my supervisor for cup cakes for Friday ( I am such an idiot) but she ordered and than I was off she was off she was sick she was sick Day 2) I am off and now I'm still waiting and I don't even know if she realizes I bought them in even though she wasn't there .... sooo pi$$ed at me! For allowing it.

mom2twogrlz Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 3:21pm
post #23 of 24

Oh man, that is too bad. Maybe next year!

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 3:45pm
post #24 of 24

Why not do a wedding cake? Small enough for the requirements, but big enough to get the idea across.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%