Peanut Butter Cut Out Cookies!

Baking By Redsoxbaker Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 12:38am by Redsoxbaker

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:44am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a delish Peanut Butter Cut Out Cookie recipe? My daughter and her roommate LOVE peanut butter so I wanted to make peanut butter cookie pops. I love Khalstead's modified NFSC recipe because they make beautiful cut outs. I would appreciate any help! Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:50am
post #2 of 5

Here's a link to the recipe I used last year.

I chose it because it used more peanut butter, rather than a mix of peanut butter/butter or just peanut butter chips. I thought this might give them a stronger peanut butter flavor.

Overall, they were OK, but no where near as good as the typical fork-criss-cross peanut butter cookies. They tasted a tad too flour-y. However, I haven't tried any other recipes, so I don't have a comparison.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Peanut-Butter-Cutout-Cookies

Be sure to post if you try a great recipe!

Redsoxbaker Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 5

dawncr,
Thank you for your response. It's funny but that's the only one I found that seemed to have the most peanut butter in them. If I don't find another one, I will probably try this one. Thanks for the review with it. icon_smile.gif

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 5

This is the recipe I use. They can be a little crumbly, so I don't ship them, but they work really well, little to no spreading and they taste divine (espeically with chocolate fondant!).

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7421/peanut-butter-roll-out-cookies

Redsoxbaker Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:38am
post #5 of 5

I think I will try that one CookieMeister. What do the cornflakes do for the cookies? It must be good if GeminiRJ makes it ! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%