High Heel Shoe Help Needed

Decorating By sdiamond08 Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 6:17pm by TPACakeGirl

sdiamond08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdiamond08 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 9

I searched and i could only find like 2 tutorials and both weren't what i needed. If anyone has any tutorials or step by step directions for a sexy high heeled shoe I would greatly appreciate it.

8 replies
Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 9

http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-make-gumpaste-high-heel-shoe.html

I don't know if this is something you could use or not.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:55am
post #3 of 9

I tell you the best way for me was to buy a pair of heels on clearance sale...I cut the top leather off...and used the shoe to place my gumpaste cut out on and it shapes the heel perfectly....trace around the shoe for the template to cut out....hth

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:56am
post #4 of 9

I free handed the one I have in my pictures - I used a fondant, gumpaste mix so that it would dry fast. I cut the sole and then laid it do dry on a plate the the heel part on a soufle cup with some saran wrap to support the arch of the shoe. I made the band that went across, supported it with a bit of crumbled saran wrap, then i adhered it with a bit of gumpaste glue. Over the summer it dryed fast. for the heel itself I made a thin rod of fondant/gumpaste.

but here is a template i found afterward http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1700849.html
HTH

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:15am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the help with high heels

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdiamond08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdiamond08 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:25am
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys, I found the template i'm gonna use. Now I only got to figure out if I want it on a regular cake or to try and do a purse to go with it. I've been looking at all the pics online, they are awesome!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:27am
post #8 of 9

Not sure where your located but if you have a Giant Tiger Store near you... They have an absolutely awesome cake cutter and server that is shaped like a shoe.

It even has the heel and it is magnetic and comes off LOL.... perfect for resting gumpaste shoes to dry and cuts a serves cake.

Picked it up for $9.99 plus tax and worth every penny!

TPACakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%