Help Now!! Canon Pixma Mp560 Edible Printer!!

Decorating By Normita Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 11:47pm by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 2:33am
post #1 of 8

I just bought a canon pixma MP560 edible printer and I am having trouble with the installation. I bought some edible ink through icing images and their instructions say to not remove the orange covers, however, when I insert them in the printer head they dont fit...it wont close!!! The canon instructions say to take off the orange covers.

Why does icing images say to not take them off if they wont fit with them on....am I doing something wrong?? icon_cry.gif

Do I have to take them after I place them in or what??

7 replies
andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 2:41am
post #2 of 8

take them off i did

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:08am
post #3 of 8

Ok thanks. I said "screw it their coming off"!!

Why does icing images say to leave them off?? I dont get it...they dont freakin fit like that?!?!???

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 8

Why don't you email icing images and ask what the reasoning is? I think there is an icing images rep. on CC too. Hopefully they can answer your question.

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Why don't you email icing images and ask what the reasoning is? I think there is an icing images rep. on CC too. Hopefully they can answer your question.

I did and they have not responded to me. Oh well...I'm just gonna take them off and see how it works.

Thanks again =)

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 8

I thought their instructions said not to throw them away. I don't remember them saying not to remove them. You'll neve be able to insert them into the printer with them on.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 8

Hi:
The instructions say do not thow them away, but you definately need to remove them and remove the silver tab on the top of the cartridges...not the gold, the silver only. Also, we generally will answer all emails within 1 business day. I am going to guess that you emailed over the weekend. We will be in Monday morning if you still need help. I will be on for about another hour tonite.

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Hi:
The instructions say do not thow them away, but you definately need to remove them and remove the silver tab on the top of the cartridges...not the gold, the silver only. Also, we generally will answer all emails within 1 business day. I am going to guess that you emailed over the weekend. We will be in Monday morning if you still need help. I will be on for about another hour tonite.

Thanks for the response. I have been having sooooo much trouble with this thing!! Once I placed them in its now saying that it cant read the cartride??

I will definitely call you guys tomorrow morning icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%