Grants And Things For New Buisness

Business By Tacy09 Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 12:33am by jason_kraft

Tacy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tacy09 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all! Im know I'v seen this question on here before, but cant find the post so I figured I would just ask. Did any of you get grants or anything to help with buisness start up? I know of a few local ones that are avaliable, and I hear about all these different ones for small buisness and women buisness owners, but I cant seem to find any. So I thought I would ask all of you who have done this before. I will be finishing college in a year and would like to get started with all of the planning now so I can be completly prepared come time to open my buisness.

Thanks in advance for any advise or info!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 4

There are no grants for a for-profit business, women/minority owned or otherwise. Grants are for narrowly defined businesses, frequently targeted to a minority population and possibly involving health related initiatives or some similar need based thing, research, etc.

If the government was giving out free money to help you set up a for-profit company, EVERYONE would be in business.

You've got to have your own money in your own biz. It's the motivator that makes you successful.

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 4

I would check your local governments website and see what they have available. Then maybe check your areas Chamber of Commerce?

Also, its business icon_wink.gif Not buisness, hehe.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

The Small Business Administration is another good source for information.

http://www.sba.gov/

Also, in some areas there are incubator kitchens that will help small food service businesses get started. Of course you will still need to provide the financing, but you should be able to get an officially licensed baking business started for less than $5K if you use a rental kitchen with no retail storefront.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%